Inverkeithing Heritage Regeneration (2019 – 2024)
The Inverkeithing Heritage Regeneration scheme is now underway – a big thank you to our funders, the National Lottery Heritage Fund and Historic Environment Scotland! Fife Historic Buildings Trust is working with Fife Council and the local community to deliver the project, and here is a taster of what will be happening over the next five years:
- Inverkeithing Town House will be restored to create a community hub that will be accessible to everyone. Local people will be supported to develop a community organisation that will manage the building in the long-term.
- A grant scheme for buildings in the High Street area will help private owners to repair or improve their properties using traditional materials and skills. Owners can also get advice on how to look after their historic property and improve energy efficiency.
- A major uplift to the High Street and the Market Square will include new paving and the restoration of historic features. The Mercat Cross will be moved from its current location in Bank Street to the heart of the town.
- An exciting activity programme will raise awareness of Inverkeithing’s rich history and promote good practice in looking after traditional buildings.
Information about the project will be made available here, in the local press, and at drop-in events and exhibitions. You can also join our mailing list to receive regular updates.
* Inverkeithing Heritage Regeneration is funded by the National Lottery Heritage Fund (£1.2 million via the Townscape Heritage programme) and Historic Environment Scotland (£1 million via the Conservation Area Regeneration Scheme). In total, over £3.6 million will be invested in Inverkeithing’s heritage during the five-year programme, which runs from 2019 to 2024. *
Newsletters and Press Releases
- Inverkeithing High School Traditional Skills May 2019
- Inverkeithing Celebrates Major Heritage Funding Award April 2019
To find out more about our past, present and future projects throughout Fife by the Fife Historic Buildings Trust, click below.
Fife Historic Buildings Trust has two self-catering holiday apartments to let. For more information and to book, click below.
Find out about our latest news here.