Dunfermline CARS (2007 – 2012)
The Trust was responsible on behalf of Fife Council for mentoring the delivery of the Historic Scotland funded CARS project in Dunfermline Town Centre. This £2.8m Fife Council scheme achieved:
- Major grant awards to four priority buildings – inc. support for the landmark re-harling of Pittencrieff House Museum.
- 10 shop front grants to historic retail premises – targeting key blight buildings in the High Street and celebrating Dunfermline’s retail heritage.
- 15 small building repair grants to private building owners
- Support for two masonry apprentices
- Major improvement works to closes and wynds, enhancing this key feature of the Dunfermline Conservation Area.
- Development of guidance notes for public and professionals, backed up by training and awareness-raising activities – inc. demonstrations of traditional skills from the Scottish Lime Centre Trust at the annual Dunfermline Bruce Festival.
- Buildings Scotland exhibition at Dunfermline Carnegie Library
To find out more about our past, present and future projects throughout Fife by the Fife Historic Buildings Trust, click below.
Fife Historic Buildings Trust has two self-catering holiday apartments to let. For more information and to book, click below.
Find out about our latest news here.