Fife Historic Buildings Trust currently have two opportunities
Housekeeping and Custodian at Cupar Burgh Chambers
We are looking for a new Housekeeper/ Custodian for Cupar Burgh Chambers. This is a self-employed position with hours varying each week. Guests from across the world come and stay at Cupar Burgh Chambers from 3 nights to 3 weeks. The apartment sleeps up to 7 people and is located at the heart of Cupar.
You will be responsible for:
- Cleaning the apartment to a high standard, ensuring it is ready for guests arriving
- Being on call to answer guest queries, this can include popping to the apartment to help in person – including out of hours. (it is preferable to live within 20 minutes of the apartment for this reason)
- Liaising with contractors to arrange suitable appointment times and meeting them on site
- Checking the apartment when it is not in use, keeping it ready for last minute bookings
For the full job description, click on the following link: Cupar Burgh Chambers – Housekeeper Custodian Job Description
Rate of Pay – £12.00 per hour
We are hoping to fill this position quickly, and suitable applicants will be contacted for an informal Zoom chat in the first instance, we do not have a closing date at the moment, so if you are interested we suggest applying as soon as possible.
For any questions or to apply please send your CV and cover letter to ">
Opportunities to Tender
Interpretation for Inverkeithing Heritage Regeneration project –
The commission is to design and produce and install – in most cases – interpretive outputs in Inverkeithing. The design process for some elements involves creative community workshops as part of the design evolution.
The aspirations for the interpretation in the Inverkeithing Heritage Regeneration project are:
- To bring the town’s heritage to life for residents and visitors
- To use the town’s heritage to reinforce Inverkeithing’s unique identity
- To help promote a sense of pride and interest in Inverkeithing’s heritage
- To provide opportunities for local people to get engaged with celebrating and presenting the town’s heritage.
Tenders are invited to for a range of interpretive outputs: external interpretation boards, a refreshed guide book, text for carving into new sculptural features, interpretation in the historic Town House, and for use by local businesses. Details here: