Cupar Conservation Area Regeneration Scheme and Townscape Heritage Initiative (Cupar CARS/THI)
Fife Council, in partnership with Fife Historic Buildings Trust, is investing over £7million in the historic properties and streets of Cupar. Historic Environment Scotland and the Heritage Lottery Fund have made awards totalling £1.5million to establish the Cupar CARS/THI programme, which runs from April 2014 to March 2019.
The programme includes refurbishment of the west wing of the County Buildings, a Building Repair Grant Scheme and energy efficiency advice service for private property owners, works to Cupar’s streets and closes, and traditional skills training for residents, specifiers and contractors. A key project is the repair and adaptation of the disused Burgh Chambers to create a high quality holiday let apartment.
During the five-year programme progress updates, project information and advice on looking after traditional buildings will be made available through the local press, drop-in events, leaflets and online. Please explore the tabs above for more information.
Cupar Building Repair Grant Scheme
Cupar has a superb architectural heritage, reflected in its many listed buildings and large Conservation Area. These historic buildings need regular care and attention and the Building Repair Grant Scheme is designed to help property owners and tenants with full repairing leases to repair and conserve the historic fabric and traditional appearance of their buildings.
Grant support is available to carry out sensitive repairs to the external fabric of historic buildings using traditional materials and skills. The reinstatement of architectural features and details can also be funded.
Grants are available for properties within the Cupar CARS/THI area (an area at the heart of the Conservation Area that we have agreed with our funders as a priority for grants support), and some target buildings where we are keen to award a grant.
* Please note that all of the available grant funding has now been allocated. Please email ku.gr1544988198o.sgn1544988198idliu1544988198bciro1544988198tsihe1544988198fif@a1544988198noif1544988198 or call 01592 890060 if you have any questions.*
Please click on the links below for more information.
Cupar Stone and Slate Survey:
Cupar Stone and Slate Survey – Appendices:
- May Newsletter 2018
- January Newsletter 2018
- June Newsletter 2017
- March Newsletter 2017
- October Newsletter 2016
- April Newsletter 2016
- December Newsletter 2015
- Bell Baxter Visit April 2017
- Stone Survey March 2017
- Small Grants Scheme March 2017
- Burgh Chambers Survey February 2017
- Burgh Chambers Survey July 2016
- Apprentice Quarry Visit July 2016
- Training Event May 2016
- Apprentince Training Event April 2016
- Bellbaxter pupils carve their future
- Contractor training September 2015
- Energy Efficiency Drop-in Event September 2015
- Burgh Chambers September 2015
- Building Repair Grant Scheme May 2015
- County Buildings April 2015
- Energy Efficiency January 2015
- HLF Grant Award April 2014
Historic Environment Scotland Technical Seminar June 2016 (Presentation):
- Maintenance Presentation
- Maintenance and Building defects
- Lime and masonry repairs
- Masonry decay and repair
- Energy efficiency retrofit measures (traditional buildings)
- Repairing timber, ironwork and slate
To find out more about our past, present and future projects throughout Fife by the Fife Historic Buildings Trust, click below.
Fife Historic Buildings Trust has two self-catering holiday apartments to let. For more information and to book, click below.
Find out about our latest news here.